Attleborough – June Tandy
June is a widow and has two grown up children both with families, the latest addition being her 4 month old great grandson. Her husband was an Attleborough lad and she has lived in the area all of her life. She was a school Governor for many years and prior to Covid bringing a stop to them, attended meetings held in Attleborough and always attended local community forums. She knows first hand the views and concerns of local residents and will work with them to address any issues they raise.
“Attleborough residents need a strong voice to represent them and to speak for them and I have done so on many issues. I still oppose the demolition of the old Park Avenue school building and spoke against the houses being built on Gipsy Lane to name but a couple. Attleborough isn’t just about its centre, all of the area is just as important and if re-elected I will continue to represent every part of its Council boundary. I will be the strong voice you need and always make myself available to residents when needed.”
Some of June’s priorities will be:
· Continue to oppose any moves that makes our Borough any part of a Warwickshire wide Authority.
· Work with external organisations, especially the Police, to ensure the safety of our residents.
· Support the current policy of providing Council housing and affordable homes
· Invest in our town centres to make them a place that people want to visit and to shop.
· Promote and enhance our leisure facilities especially for our youngsters and older residents and people with disabilities.